Get help from your GP without waiting for an appointment.
We have launched our new online consultation service, PATCHS, which allows you to request help from your mobile phone without needing to book an appointment.
What should I use PATCHS for?
Anything non-urgent that you need to ask your GP:
- GP consultations
- Fit/sick note
- Medications and prescriptions
- Health advice
How does it work?
Use the PATCHS website or mobile app to request help, and your GP will contact you to answer your question(s).
In some cases you may also need a follow-up appointment – either over the phone, video or face-to-face. We will arrange this with you when we contact you.
How do I get started with PATCHS?
- You can register for PATCHS here. You’ll be asked to enter your email address and set a password.
- Once you have registered, you can access PATCHS by going to their website or opening the PATCHS app on your smartphone. Login by entering your registered email address & password.
- Choose the appropriate option and answer a few simple questions to help your GP understand your problem.
- Your answers are sent to your GP who responds as quickly as possible. Initial responses may be via online message or phone, with face-to-face or video consultation appointments scheduled if necessary.
Does this replace Online Consult?
Yes, PATCHS replaces the Online Consult system we previously used. It’s now the quickest way to contact us for things you would normally ask in a routine appointment or phone us to ask.