Letters, Certificates and Fees

Learn about absence from work certification and our non-NHS services.

Whether you are unable to work, planning a holiday or applying for a life insurance policy, we provide a range of NHS and non-NHS services.

Private Fees

Most of the services that we provide are free of charge because they are funded by the NHS.

There are some services that the NHS does not fund and so we have to charge fees for these.

Some examples of the chargeable work are:

  • Certain travel vaccinations
  • Private medical insurance reports
  • Holiday cancellation claim forms
  • Referral for private care forms
  • Letters requested by, or on behalf of, the patient

Before any private work is done, confirmation of any charges will be given to the patient or company so verbal consent can be obtained prior to the work carried out or vaccination given.

We accept payment in cash only.

Doctor's Letters & Certificates

You do not normally need a doctor’s certificate for the first seven days of illness. On return to work you must fill in a self-certificate.

Statutory Sick Pay Regulations state that employers are required to accept self-certification notes (filled in by you) for the first seven days of illness. These should be available from your employer or you can download the Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) Employee’s statement of sickness from the HMRC website.

An absence through illness over seven days means you will need a doctor’s certificate and will need to visit a doctor to acquire this.

We can only issue doctor’s certificates to patients who are registered with our surgery. Other patients will need to visit their own GP to get a doctor’s certificate.

Birtle View external 3a

Register for Online Services

  • Manage bookings and prescriptions

  • Get alerts and reminders

  • View your medical record

Birtle View MP_White
NHS Logo White

George Street
Greater Manchester
OL10 4PW

Tel: 01706 664140
Email: birtleview.admin@nhs.net